Saturday, April 16, 2011

Holy Week Next Week

During my younger years, my family and I stays at home during Holy Week. We usually watch movies at home or watch the 3-hour Ten Commandments or the marathon series of Seventh Heaven and a like. We also do 'pasyon' or commonly known as 'pabasa', a poetic form of narrating the Passion, Death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Two years ago, our family facilitated the 'pabasa' in our community and it took us a day or two to finish the whole book where the singers chanted the PDR of Jesus Christ and my dad played the guitar on the background. To cap off the whole week, the kids on our neighborhood designs their own egg and the organizer hides all the eggs within the compound for the kids to find. There is a corresponding prize on each egg.

When I was a kid, I remembered how I put my best foot forward in designing my egg. I tried replicating an Indian egg we have on display at home, but I failed. Still, I loved my egg. (sorry I do not have a picture of that)

Anyway, last year's Holy Week was different. Together with my Singles For Christ family, we went to different churches like Sta. Clara de Montefalco in Pasig, St. Francis in Mandaluyong, Aquinas in San Juan, St. Jude, Manila Cathedral, San Agustin, Malate Church, all four in Manila. We heard mass in Sta. Clara de Montefalco and witnessed the washing of the feet of the disciples.



The Disciples

Washing of the Feet

Singles for Family and Life ladies

Sta. Clara de Montefalco
St. Francis of Assisi
Station of the Cross
Dulaan at Aquainas 
The Crowd
Thee Manila Cathedral, exterior
Thee Manila Cathedral, interior
St. Jude
San Agustin church, exterior
San Agustin church, interior
Dinner feast at Max's Fried Chicken, Manila
Thank you Max's crew for a happy happy birthday song for me :)

I will surely do this again next week. :D




Jah Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

digs