Wednesday, August 03, 2011

A Taste of MIHCA's PRIDE

Magsaysay Center for Hospitality and Culinary Arts Inc. (MIHCA) invited bloggers, media partners, and some guests to be part of their 2011 open-house held in their satellite school in Makati last July 29.
Located at the 5th level of WalterMart,
Chino Roces. Ave., Makati City
Titled "A Retrospect in a Retrospective: The MIHCA Open-House 2011" guests got the chance to experience a one of a kind tour in their restaurant/school.
MIHCA is known for being a well-established culinary and hospitality institution here in the Philippines. Within 7-months of intensive training, MIHCA has successfully molded careers for promising professionals.
Staff and Administrators of MIHCA
photo credit from Juan Manila Express

Their school is well-equipped with up-to-date and the actual tools and set-up so that students will be familiarized with the real job as soon as they step into the real world.

Bloggers and Media listens intensively to
Mark Mallo, Sales Officer of MIHCA
photo credit from Juan Manila Express

I was privileged enough to be one of the 10 bloggers together with media partners who were invited for this event. We were able to see their facilities and get to taste the creations of their students.

Hotel Simulation Room
An elegant training ground where five star service is exercised


Fine Dining Restaurant
The Papel is where students provide guests with service
 and food from MIHCA's kitchen.

Demo Kitchen
An informal working kitchen that allows interaction
between instructors and the students

We were able to tastes these while in the Demo Kitchen:  
Cucumber with Smoked Salmon
with Cream Cheese and Capers
Lettuce Bundles with Spicy Peanut Noodles
Mushroom Duxelle Volauvant


Working Kitchen Laboratory
A simulation of real back kitchen operations with the latest
pre and post-cooking equipment.


Baking and Pastries Laboratory

The students from the baking and pastry class
Chef Napoleon Carbonell,
Baking and Pastry Instructor
Chocolate Fudge Brownie made by the students
Creme Brulee for the guests' dessert.


Butchery Laboratory
 Can accommodate at least 20 butchers with complete
butchery tools and equipment.

The students demonstrated how to truss a chicken
within 15 seconds
Bar
A learning area with a complete selection of wines and spirits
where modern methodsin cocktail mixing are taught as well as flairtending.
We were served with this
non-alcoholic drink while watching
Mr. Christian Docusin
do his tricks in bar-tending and flair-tending
Toss it!
Pour it!
and viola! The finished product!


Coffee Making
Mr. Ernie Mesina with his student, John, brews coffee for us!




Mr. Mesina handed me this mocha coffee thing.
(i forgot what it is called but it was really delicious!)

After the tour we were all gathered in the Dining area for our lunch prepared by the students of MIHCA.

The buffet area

Our lunch! Yey! Super yummy! :)

And our soft and unforgettable creme brulee Chef Carbonell
made before lunch. He even shared to us how to make this
mouthwatering dessert.

Before we took our lunch, they picked random names of guests to participate in trussing challenge. I really do not want to participate for I was really shy and I know that my nerves will keep me frozen that'll make me panic more. Unfortunately, my name was called first.

We were taught in the butchery lab by the students. I couldn't really grasp the instructions easily because I was too cautious of what I look. (HAHA) Then after a few tries, I was confident I can truss a chicken.

After lunch, the contestants were gathered in front of the guests for the battle.

I was really serious and had a game face! YEAH!
I am the girl third from left.
photo credit from Juan Manila Express

The challenge was be the fastest to finish and correctly truss a chicken. Surprisingly, I won the contest! (Yipee!)

I had a great time. Seriously speaking. 

As a first-timer in a food blogging event, I really did enjoy this event for it was not just about the enjoying the event but also learning from it. I gained more confidence in pursuing my passion for cooking. Cheers to the students, staff and admin of MIHCA!

And oh! I am going to use my trussing skills the next time we will roast a chicken here in our house! :)

email: admission@mihca.com.ph || makaticampus@mihca.com.ph

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

digs