Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Attack of Ondoy and The Water Hyacinth

Ondoy, the tropical storm that left a number of Filipinos dead and thousands affected by its abrupt floods around Luzon last September 2009. The floods subsided after a couple of weeks but has left millions of damage. Thank god there were numerous generous hearts offered help to the Philippines.

Then, just a couple of months back,groups of water hyacinths also known as water lilies scourge Cotabato City. It left them in the floods for months and damages as well. Officials blame it to the island-like water hyacinths because it was blocking the flow of the water in their area. Removing the aquatic weed was dreadful, even the government had issues regarding this matter. Even the President wasn't able to come up with the solution when he first visited the area.

Then last night, I dreamed of these two deluges. Then I searched the internet for dream interpretations. I searched for floods and this is what I found.
Definition Of:
 
To dream of floods destroying vast areas of country and bearing you on with its muddy de'bris, denotes sickness, loss in business, and the most unhappy and unsettled situation in the marriage state.

See Water.

Then I checked out the definition of Water. (The underlined parts are the ones in my dreams)
Definition Of:Water
Dream Interpretation &;amp;amp;amp;amp; TheoriesDream Dictionary
To dream of clear water, foretells that you will joyfully realize prosperity and pleasure.
If the water is muddy, you will be in danger and gloom will occupy Pleasure's seat.
If you see it rise up in your house, denotes that you will struggle to resist evil, but unless you see it subside, you will succumb to dangerous influences.
(Yes it did rise above the house then it subsided)
If you find yourself baling it out, but with feet growing wet, foreshadows trouble, sickness, and misery will work you a hard task, but you will forestall them by your watchfulness. The same may be applied to muddy water rising in vessels.
To fall into muddy water, is a sign that you will make many bitter mistakes, and will suffer poignant grief therefrom.
To drink muddy water, portends sickness, but drinking it clear and refreshing brings favorable consummation of fair hopes.
To sport with water, denotes a sudden awakening to love and passion.
To have it sprayed on your head, denotes that your passionate awakening to love will meet reciprocal consummation.
The following dream and its allegorical occurrence in actual life is related by a young woman student of dreams:
``Without knowing how, I was (in my dream) on a boat, I waded through clear blue water to a wharfboat, which I found to be snow white, but rough and splintry. The next evening I had a delightful male caller, but he remained beyond the time prescribed by mothers and I was severely censured for it.'' The blue water and fairy white boat were the disappointing prospects in the symbol.
This shocked me. Also I tried looking for the meaning of water lily, this is what I found out.
Definition Of:Water Lily
Dream Interpretation &;amp;amp;amp;amp; TheoriesDream Dictionary
To dream of a water lily, or to see them growing, foretells there will be a close commingling of prosperity and sorrow or bereavement. 
I needed to search this because I woke up dehydrated and catching my breath. This whole knowledge is a shock for me. But just like in horoscopes,  let it be our guide and not the ruler of our lives. I still believe this wont happen to me. I just need to be cautious with the things around me. :)

Share your thoughts! :)
 The Interpretation of Dreams: The Complete and Definitive Text The Complete Dream Book, 2nd edition: Discover What Your Dreams Reveal about You and Your Life Dream Dictionary : An A to Z Guide to Understanding Your Unconscious Mind I Had the Strangest Dream...: The Dreamer's Dictionary for the 21st Century How to Interpret Dreams and Visions: Understanding God's warnings and guidance

Like it?
Like It thumbs up facebook car bumper sticker 6" x 3"

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

digs